Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Membrane needs some Advice

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Membrane

Membrane

Membrane needs some Advice Empty
PostSubject: Membrane needs some Advice   Membrane needs some Advice EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 7:36 pm

Hey folks,
I finally got Kings Defender today and was just wondering what ench to get on it, Mongoose, Battlemaster, Executioner etc. Any advice is most appreciated.

Word,
Membrane
Back to top Go down
Rymer

Rymer

PostSubject: Re: Membrane needs some Advice   Membrane needs some Advice EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 7:57 am

Humm what does all the enchants do? Razz
Back to top Go down
Olegzubkov

PostSubject: Re: Membrane needs some Advice   Membrane needs some Advice EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 10:45 am

well, executioner means shit to you since you're not really doing mnuch dmg anyways..so it doesn't matter.
mongoose gives ya agility which gives ya more armor which makes you a better tank, and it procs quite a lot..
battlemaster's cool too, but i dunno how much better it is then other healers
(battlemaster is the one healing the party right? - dont wanna make an ass outa myself)
Back to top Go down
fargir

PostSubject: Re: Membrane needs some Advice   Membrane needs some Advice EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 2:55 am

hehe yes it is oleg Smile imo mongoose is best tho, armor and so is kinda nice
Back to top Go down
hachpee

hachpee

PostSubject: Re: Membrane needs some Advice   Membrane needs some Advice EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 10:15 am

i prefer executioner
read somewhere on wowwiki that its better to tank with, but i can't find the page atm

mongoose:

Can only be applied to a weapon level 35 or higher.
The amount of attack speed gained is 2%.
+120 agi
The effect lasts 15 seconds.
The buff which boosts your agility and attack speed is stackable. This does not appear to be the case for 2h weapons. Mongoose simply resets the timer and does not give an additional buff.
Although the supposed proc rate is approximately the same as Crusader (1 ppm), this enchant can proc multiple times in a row even on 2h weapons. It does not appear to have a hidden cooldown. The proc is most likely normalized to 1ppm, but not strictly bound to it.
When Mongoose procs, the player will be surrounded by beams of red light shooting upward, and crossed swords will appear over the player's head. A brief "swoosh" sound will accompany the proc.
Mongoose will not proc off ranged attacks, only melee.
The name of the buff is Lightning Speed
This enchant is highly useful to tanks and agility-based melee DPS, mainly rogues and tentatively retribution paladins or fury warriors.

executioner

Damage increase vs target with armour x at level 70 is I(x) = 840/(x+9717.5)
Over time, if P(x) is the probability of a target having armour x, then the long time damage increase per proc is integral I(x)P(x). Assuming the distribution of armour is uniform over the range 1k~10k only, this gives an expected increase of approximately 5.7% on proc.
The visual effect (e.g., weapon glow) is "at least as cool as Mongoose".
The visual effect does mix with certain default weapon glows (e.g., the Gladiator's Painsaw), though the proc visual still occurs.
When Executioner procs, the player's weapon tip(s) glow bright yellow, and the swing leaves a purple trail surrounded by green particles.
Can only be applied to a weapon level 60 or higher.
The buff, which ignores 840 of a target's armor, lasts 15 seconds. It does not stack.
The enchant can proc multiple times in a row, even on 2H weapons.
This enchant is useful in PVP (especially against opponents in cloth armor) and in PVE against instance bosses and high level elites.
Back to top Go down
Olegzubkov

PostSubject: Re: Membrane needs some Advice   Membrane needs some Advice EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 11:11 am

hachpee, it simpley amplifies the damage done by you and you only, means your lame tank damage will be greater by a few %
Back to top Go down
hachpee

hachpee

PostSubject: Re: Membrane needs some Advice   Membrane needs some Advice EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 2:09 pm

ive read somewhere on wowwiki executioner is better then mongoose for tank....
Back to top Go down
fargir

PostSubject: Re: Membrane needs some Advice   Membrane needs some Advice EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 3:57 pm

why would it be better :>? ^^ just wanna know how they think tbh, cus I dont see the good thing with abit more dmg for the tank
Back to top Go down
Membrane

Membrane

PostSubject: Re: Membrane needs some Advice   Membrane needs some Advice EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 5:59 pm

Sorry Hach but the mob has spoken, I was pretty set on mongoose but just wanted some opinions. Thanks for all your help guys.

Mem-dizzle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Membrane needs some Advice   Membrane needs some Advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Membrane needs some Advice
Page 1 of 1